1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

What about the 1850s?
    Preston Brooks caned Charles Sumner on the Senate floor

2. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Now I'm really rooting for a sweep by Walgreens.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I’m now hoping the Walgreens will sweep.
    Wonder who he’d root for since both teams are in his klan. Walgreens hosted a GOP retreat during the fedruhl shutdown, and they’ve got Beer Bong Brett in their back pocket. Astros took several days to whack a guy who openly mocked domestic violence, doing so only after two statements that revealed their true values.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Texas supported him.

D.C. voted 95.91 percent for Crooked Hillary.

He's for the Astros.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Not a lot of people know Sam Houston was a Democrat. And he owned slaves. Lots of them, believe me. But he also went to war against Mexico, so I don't know how to feel. I'm conflicted folks. (Walks around stage supposedly mimicking Houston). Remember the Alamo! You folks remember the Alamo right? Of course you do. Great day, great day. My dad was born there.

OscarMadison and bigpern23 like this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Bush owned the Texas Rangers. Astros

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Baseball Commissioner Landis... great man, great man; we talk all the time.. asked me to throw out the first touchdown in the World Series. It's gonna be Game 8. No president has ever done that. It will be a perfect throw out. I was a great baseball pitcher in high school. The Houston Rockets actually wanted to draft me, but I got a doctor to say I had bone spurs, and now they are in the World Series.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So I'm with Landis, --Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman were there as well-- and I says to him: you gotta ban 'em. Get those sons of bitches off the field, I tell him. And it's Chicago, so you know they are corrupt. But when people hear that I banned the Black Sox, they scream that I am racist--oh do they do a number on you, folks.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

450+

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Healthiest. President. Ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.