1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh shall from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit shall from the Spirit reap eternal life.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The demographics you describe for the city and surroundings weren't the demographic at the stadium last night.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, if he doesn’t act like an asshole on a daily basis, he wouldn’t have gotten shit for going to the game.

That being said, I don’t blame him for not taking his son. We don’t really know what issues his son may have, and, perhaps, he may not be able to handle certain sensory issues with being in large crowds with a lot of noise late at night.

Neutral Corner and OscarMadison like this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I completely agree. Not saying his no-win situation was not deserved.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Are my parenting skills unsound, Willard?"

[​IMG]

"I don't see any parenting at all, sir."

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Because baseball? Rich dems from Faixfax County don't like the pastime?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

People trash political parties - but putting pressure on electeds who are bad for the brand might be their best feature. Says a lot that the base doesn't put pressure on the GOP to remove bad actors, particularly when they are in safe red areas where they shouldn't have a hard time finding another strong conservative with better morals. Hill did represent a swing district - probably smart to get someone else ready for 2020.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"They weren't booing, they were alternate cheering."

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I think Trump was genuinely surprised at the reaction... probably not the others, but Trump was.
    All his public appearances come to small crowds who want to/were hired to be there.
    Being narcissistic along with dumb and surrounded by boot lickers makes him think people actually like him. When he was confronted with the truth, it was a shock.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Not just a baseball game, but the World Series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.