1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. eclapt44

eclapt44 Member

"Booksmart" was basically a female "Superbad" ripoff.... not bad, certainly not memorable, but decent for a plane movie.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Watched "Yesterday," well, yesterday. It was a fun and engaging homage to the Beatles, but it was ultimately unsatisfying. I didn't care for the way they ended it, but I was into it until the end. I'd say 2.5 stars (out of 5) that could have been a 4-star effort with a better ending.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I was at a party last weekend and met a woman who works for the production company that released this movie. She said how great it was and that is unusual because her company produces crappy movies. She said the proof was getting a billboard on Hollywood Blvd. Dolemite got a billboard, no other movie her company had been involved with had ever gotten one. It's on Netflix. I should probably watch it because I told her I would.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

His Russian secret agent made it through "Red" intact.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is the first one I thought of, but I couldn't remember if he survived the sequel or not.

6. Netflix: Dolemite is a great.
    Solid.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Coming in May and I'll be there.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

It’s in my watch list for this weekend.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I saw it about 3 months ago. I think it was released for a week or so at a few theaters. One was nearby. Fantastic. Glad they got Petty before he died.

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Evil Dead 2: watched with my 14-year-old on Halloween. She was nonchalant for the first 20 or so minutes, but really started to get into it during the hand fight. Halfway through I was being asked spoiler questions since she was rooting for ash. Once he put the chainsaw on the his stump, she was fist pumping like crazy. The ending blew her away since she had mentioned the “savior from the sky” picture looked like ash.

garrow likes this.
  11. To be clear. This is not a comedy. Not a drama either.
    Some funny moments, but this is not an Eddie Murphy comedy.
    Charlie Murphy would have killed it in this movie though.

I don't know if Eddie is done being funny, can't be funny or just plain weird. But he's certainly changed a lot from 30 years ago (not bad, neccessarily, just changed).

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Just got back from watching The Shining on the big screen. Hadn't seen it all in one sitting until now. Not sure if this was a Halloween thing or refreshing people's memories in advance of Doctor Sleep. I was rapt for pretty much the whole time -- the exception being when some clown two rows in front of me decided to take a call just when Scatman Crothers was getting the axe. Not sure of the order, but that was definitely a podium finisher for the most put off I've been in a movie theater.

Draft saved Draft deleted