1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

If you want to know the name, courtesy of yf

LOL: The impeachment thread | Sjrejects

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Have to give them credit for the thread title.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Fox News: If you change the channel (or turn off the TV) the Libs win! Honestly, I give credit to Fox News for developing narrative in their coverage - it's why other cablers struggle between major news events, Fox always has a narrative to tilt at, there is always a "War on..." Christianity, guns or something to keep people glued in for news from "the front." Plus they've convinced a sizeable chunk of the audience that everyone else is "fake news" - something Republican pols have been preaching since Nixon.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The name of the whistleblower at this point is meaningless given the growing number of administration officials corroborating what he or she originally reported.

lakefront and BadgerBeer like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It figures that dirtbag would be the one to post it. Now I hope we can go back to giving him the lack of attention he deserves.

lakefront, BadgerBeer and HanSenSE like this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

that's what the deep state wants you to think but what if it was a libtarded whistle that was blown can you really trust anything at that point i bet he blew the whistle on college campuses all over our great country to shout down the marketplace of ideas so i guess you support free speech and due process only when it comes to roe v wade

7. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Because it's Trump, I wonder if he's cherrypicking. Anyone know the ratings for the same networks for the other 6 days of the week?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

FoxNews always has a baseline that is higher than the baselines for MSNBC and CNN - every day, that only changes during major national news breaks, or news that is particularly bad for Republicans discourages fans from tuning in to Fox.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Sure. But there’s a “die is cast” feeling to all this. American government has basically stopped legislating really anything useful, for a very long time now, so that a series of career law enforcement and intelligence and military officers can take their turns clashing with Trump, trying to take him down, then writing a book about that, then getting speaking fees on TV or the lecture circuit.

I mean, this is not good. We have a bizarre almost empiric foreign policy, the president in all of his inexperience and bluster has kicked up this hornet’s nest, and our needs - any needs Americans may have - are on hold while we discuss the existential threat of *Ukraine* not getting $400 million it eventually got.

Forget Trump, who’s going to be out in a year anyway. This is troubling for government in general. Who the hell are all these people? What the hell are you and I, as taxpayers, paying for with these people? These are not unreasonable questions just because they happen to oppose Trump.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Congress is doing its job, which includes holding the president accountable if he abuses his power.

Where was your complaining about Congress not doing its job when the Senate refused to even hold a hearing on President Obama's nomination to the Supreme Court?

BadgerBeer and HanSenSE like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How is it bad that officials witness corruption— specifically action for POTUS’ personal gain over national interest — and call it out? That’s good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.