1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

While I think there are many safe districts where Trump can help, I do wonder if having him show up for statewide race is a good move at this point - Heck, Missississipi's Gov Race was 52-46. How do you run a nationwide campaign in the battleground states where your presence may be more of a problem than it helps? I think Trump has the Wisconsin-Hillary thing, where the reason she didn't appear in Wisconsin was because they thought it would drive more people to vote against her than for her.

If you concede that the battleground states for 2020 will be Nevada, Arizona, Colo., NM, Fla, Ohio, PA, Iowa, Wisc. and Mich - Trump currently has a cumulative negative net voter approval of minus 96 with only Ohio, Fla and PA in the single digits. This is my new favorite polling thing. Really fun to use the slider and watch the colors change

.Tracking Trump: The President’s Standing Across America

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Just when you begin to expect nothing, that Kentucky thing happens.
    The numbers from the Cincinnati suburbs on the other side of the river are very bad for the campaign.
    He should own that region.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

NM is not a battleground at all. It’s full blue now.

4. DanOregon

D plus 3? Usually anything under five is considered a battleground, especially since Ds are less likely to vote.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado is not a battleground either, despite the big tax proposition getting resoundly defeated tonight (kind of predicted) and the sports gambling proposition being in a nail-biter (should have been a 55-45 winner).

7. DanOregon

I just know that there is a BIG difference between a Registered voter and a Likely voter.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I used to think the level of stupid I encountered growing up in the south and southwest was limited to, well, the south and southwest. Then I encountered people from places outside of Beulah and Lubbock who made that swipe with the broad brush about all of us being booger-eating, cousin-dating crackers who scream for teams whose Universities we couldn't spell much less attend and who worship the triune gawds of NASCAR, Mama's Fried Chicken, and Darryl Royal/Johnny Majors/Bear Bryant. Every time I meet one of you jokers and ask you to slap your intellectual dicks on the table so I can get out my tape measure, you make some excuse about the cold because you know you're going to come up short.

Bullet Point Version:
    • Some of us have frontal lobes and we use them.
    • We are trying to make things better. Being a dick about it just makes our jobs harder.
    • This white trash product of a land grant university was publishing before she finished her undergraduate degree.
    • And she's sick of this kind of unthinking, ignorant, intellectually lazy shit.
    • My home training didn't take. I won't wait for you to register anything resembling surprise.
    Oops! There's the doorbell. That's Earl with the shotguns! Gotta go git some squirrel brains fer dinner!

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Not in 2020.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.