1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Here’s the money quote:

“If you don’t agree with Elizabeth Warren, you must somehow be not a Democrat. You must somehow be corrupt. You must somehow not be as smart as she is. It’s just something we don’t do in our party. It’s not who we are. She has things in her plan that are just not realistic, but if you question it, she says you don’t understand or you’re talking like a Republican. It’s just an elitist attitude that it’s either my way or the highway.”

Is he wrong? I think he is. But she’s gotta show that. She’s not elitist. But she absolutely has a chip on her shoulder. So does Sanders.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I followed coverage in Iowa, he apparently didn't have that many volunteers on hand at the Iowa dinner. His fundraising isn't close to where a front-runner should be and if he finishes fourth in Iowa, it won't matter if he wins in SC.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The on,y qualification one needs for me is that they are not a lying traitorous, lecherous, greedy, corrupt, idiotic sociopath.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Chip on her shoulder = might actually fight for economic and social change. Also = recognizes the malignant plutocracy currently running the nation in all walks of life and has the audacity to call it out. Everybody likes Joe. I do, and I've known him longer than most. But he is clueless. He's out there talking about working across the aisle at the very moment Mitch McConnell is at a White House ceremony honoring Kavanaugh and Gorsuch. You can't work with today's Republican Party anymore than you can work with today's Ebola.

OscarMadison, matt_garth and HanSenSE like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sessions running for his old seat will be fascinating to watch, since he's seen by Trumpers as a heretic.

garrow likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Post reports that Trump wanted Barr to call a press conference and decree that no laws were broken in the Ukraine affair. Barr refused.
    If the corruption is so obvious that not even Barr will defend his boy, then the extent of Trump’s guilt is even greater than any of us realizes.

7. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Ragu, I've come to the realization that some people don't want a female president, period.

I was on the Kamala Train in the beginning and after a fast start she has slipped, considerably.

If it's Trump vs. Warren my God will it be ugly. In every possible way.

The reason I was kinda hoping it would be Kamala, is that if Donnie Boy stalked her at a town hall debate stage like he did with Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris would turn around and smack him in the jaw.

(Metaphorically, if nothing else.)

Donald Trump is evil.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I agree he is evil personified.
    Not to act like a half-assed Cotton Mather but I consider him the Devil.
    And not an American Nero, either, but an American Anti-Christ in a sense.
    He stands against everything the country has ever attempted to be.

Jesus_Muscatel and OscarMadison like this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If we get to the point of a head to head debate, and they are out walking about the stage, you can bet any and all Democrats (especially women) will be well trained to take a quick reverse step, butt right into the slobbering Fatfuck, and shout, "get off me, you fucking pervert, I can smell your fucking dog breath coming up my neck," and then quickly and ceremoniously scrubbing themselves down with disinfectant spray.

In that same vein, any Democrat who is in a position where they may actually come into contact with the Fatfuck bag of lard should ostentatiously pull on a set of rubber gloves.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"Tell her to meet me at the bottom of the stairs and spread it, and I'll be right down."*

*Bonus points for anyone who can name the sports book this quote came from.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

trump will appear in zero debates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.