1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

This oughta make Ragu's day

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We actually almost bought "Battleship" at the craft store today. It was her favorite game as a child, although they just used pencil and paper. She always does a double take when she sees the actual game we grew up with.

So we'll take a "Battleship" game, Santa. :)

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But you can't become Person Of The Year that way!

[​IMG]

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don’t see this making an impact. Bloomberg has little recognition outside of New York. Other than being the “take away your soda” guy.

His work on gun control is admirable. Maybe he gets traction there. But I don’t see it.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's the thing. Bloomberg has taken what IMO is an outstanding cause and done a lot with it. Now he's gonna run for President, finish up the track like a horse I bet on, and go back as damaged goods. It's sad, except that it's for ego, so screw him.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Why is that a reason he should be outed?

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Deadline is tomorrow Friday, I think.

10. Neutral Corner

Unless he has solid policy ideas and plans to fund them, I can't see him making a dent.

11. Neutral Corner

You have that backward. Without the whistleblower coming forward, we would not know about Trump's extortion of Ukraine, the hiding of the "phone transcript" in a highly classified server, or any of the other matters that Vindman testified about. All of the stuff that has been dragged out into the light with more yet to come is known because someone went to the IG and said "This smells bad and someone needs to look at it". We wouldn't even know who Vindman is otherwise.

This sort of calling people to account for their actions is exactly why there is a whistleblower law, that and to allow such people to have someone within the chain of command to go to, rather than taking possibly sensitive or classified matters to the press to push for accountability.

Although your question is an excellent one for those who want to out the whistleblower. Given that what he alleged was accurate, given that the WH released the edited "transcript" and themselves confirmed that it had happened, given that multiple mid-to-high level diplomats and bureaucrats have testified about those events, Trump's demands, and the timeline, why do you need to know a damn thing about the whistleblower?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.