1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

The Irishman: Fucking great. The movie is long -- three and a half hours -- but Scorsese earns it. If you choose to watch it on Netflix, I recommend watching it one sitting.

garrow likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness that was fantastic. All of the funny parts just made the underlying sadness of it all that much more poignant. Just loved the end.

jlee likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Can’t wait. Just a few more weeks.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Saw Doctor Sleep. Really enjoyed it. The lead villain and McGregor’s accents come and go on occasion, but that’s just a pet peeve of mine.

I LOVE The Shining. This really hits all the nostalgia notes.

This is a Stephen King book I haven’t read. Which is dumb considering it’s the Shining follow-up. So I don’t know how it holds up to the book.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Let the bile out. Let it flow. Thread.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finally caught El Camino yesterday morning ... good fan service, tight little story. Good ending. Enjoyed it.

lakefront likes this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Train to Busan! Great zombie movie w social commentary.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the book (Dr. Sleep). Curious to see the movie, and if it's as different from the book as Kubrick's movie was from "The Shining."

9. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Western Stars was amazing. Loved how doing a bar show with a 30 piece orchestra in a barn turned out.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I was familiar with exactly zero percent of Western Stars, so I Googled it, then went down a rabbit hole, only to emerge saddened and greatly disappointed at what a shameless effort that appears to be. From the massive amounts of plastic surgery to the pretentiousness of an orchestra "in a barn" to the hackney reference to boots and booze in the first few lines of the title track, the who thing reeks of Bruce telling Chris Gaines, "hold my beer."

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Took the kids to see The Addams Family today. I laughed a couple of times, but it wasn't particularly good. Kids really enjoyed it, though, and so did most of the other theater goers it seemed. The whole crowd was snapping along to the theme song at the end of the movie.

Draft saved Draft deleted