1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Son, the Russians who control the president don't do anything without a plan."

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That plan is for the US to require NATO support against Iran. When NATO refuses, trump withdraws the US from NATO. Russia wins

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

On Trump’s favorite show, syncopats such as Pete Hegseth, Mike Huckabee, Liz Cheney and Newt Gingrich have stressed two themes

It’s Obama’s fault
    They’ve been at war with us for 40 years

I guess that makes it Carter’s fault, too

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not to mention two Bushes and a Reagan.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Marco is quoting the Old Testament again in support of his illegitimate president.
    This crisis is entirely avoidable if fucksticks like this will just be quiet for a day or two.

6. Michael_ Gee

Iran is going to wait for some time, long enough for Trump to have quite forgotten the country exists, then strike in a major way through terrorist proxies at a soft target far away from the US and the Middle East. That's been its MO since the '80s.

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

With no American casualties, I'm pretty hopeful we're going to take the off ramp on this crisis.

This is literally our last chance to punch out. If we start bombing launch sites in Iran. ....

8. Michael_ Gee

Morning Consult took a poll asking respondents to identify Iran on a blank map of Europe, the Middle East and West Asia. A full 28 percent of those Americans polled, all of whom self-ID'd as registered voters, got it right.

Liut likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

This doesn't surprise me at all.
    Edit: Actually, I'm surprised it's that high.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Most of the misses put Iran in Iraq or Afghanistan, which is at least an understandable guess, but many were in Eastern Europe and one, if their graphic was to be believed, was in the English Channel.

Liut likes this.
  12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This accidental nuclear war ought to be used as a case study in miscommunication, bad diplomacy + the pratfalls of social media.

I see Jeffy Pearlman renounced Twitter this morning for the 482nd time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.