1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I feel badly for lots of people.

1) Looking back years from now, those who let themselves get so worked up over politics - either side or both - to such a degree that it had adverse health effects and/or merely wasted a lot of their most precious commodity: time. We are only here for a short while - make the most of it.

2) Those who have and/or will pass away before the next 1 or 5 years are over. They’ll die without knowing how the story turns out. Did civil war erupt? Did anyone get nuked? Did DJT reveal the truth about things like JFK and UFOs?

3) Humorless fuckheads.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Between these corn borchers fucking up this caucus last night and that fat old man’s speech tonight this week is a good one to read a book.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gross incompetence is always the safe bet in that question. I doubt the Iowa Democratic party has dozens of skilled thieves on the roster. They wouldn't lose so many elections if they did. But seriously, aside from inconveniencing a night of cable news programming, which to me is a good thing, what real harm has been done. They'll count the results the old-fashioned way, then announce them when they're done. Is it really more important for America to keep the instant hot take machine happy than to accurately tabulate the outcome of a voting process no matter how long it takes?
    PS: In the long past dead time of 2012, it took over a week to finalize the results of the Republican Iowa caucus. Election managed to proceed anyway.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The Iowa caucuses can’t have paper ballots because that would make it too similar in appearance to a primary and New Hampshire has dibs on the first primary. Iowa was supposed to have paper “candidate preference” cards, but reportedly ran out in some caucus locations.

The little battles between Iowa and New Hampshire about who gets to be “first” have outgrown their cuteness. The kindergarten teacher needs to step in and give the rest of the class a turn.

At least $50 million spent in Iowa for a result that will have diminished effect. It’s probably past time to consider a staggered primary system that is more representative of U.S. demographics as a whole.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

LOL on a FB post ...

"Technical errors" aka 'Shit, Bernie is winning!"

Armchair_QB and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

cuuuuuucks in the wind

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

OOP, you've never brought a thing to this thread. I'm serious about that. I've never seen one of your posts on this thread and thought, 'Yeah, this person gets it.' You're not that guy. It's why you've been roundly mocked on multiple forums over a period of many years.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did you have tears in your eyes when you posted this? You seem quite upset. I must have hit a nerve.

You've never brought anything to any thread. I've never seen any of your posts on any topic and thought, "Yeah. This person gets it." You're not that guy.

I don't care about the rest of what you posted. I'm not as desperate for validation as you are. If I was, I wouldn't be calling out people for posting vile crap the way some of you do. Just remember that every time you mock one of President Trump's supporters, you are failing to differentiate yourself from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.