1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's as good as it gets and the clip with Epstein is balls.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The State of the Confederacy has never been greater

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

All research shows the State of the Union gets positive reviews from the audience because the audience self-selects (more Democrats watched Obama, more Republicans watch Trump) and that its political impact is somewhere between extremely limited and nil. By the time New Hampshire comes up in a week, it will be forgotten except for maybe Limbaugh and Pelosi ripping up the speech. Even those memories will be fading. Think the crowds will be talking about the speech in Kansas City today? Here in Boston, the news is all-Mookie all the time and rightly so. From Jefferson until Wilson, there was no speech. The President wrote a message, sent it over to Congress, and the clerk read it in a bored monotone. We should go back to that.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I honestly wish you were right. I know you are wrong.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Right. And Rush peddling hate for three decades has a lot to do with that hate. You don’t think some of these constituents are fired up and demanding certain things from elected officials because this guy was getting them all lathered up?

the right has been hitting the left with a shovel for 30 years and left has turned the other cheek so much they look like Daffy Ducks bill in the one Elmer Fudd cartoon. And then, rather than punch back, they lecture about “being better” while losing yet another election. They have yet to figure out that they lose because they’re perceived as pussies.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I'm no Trump fan, but I'm to understand it's better if they fake it? Fuck that.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, you don't. You just want to keep posting and saying vulgar crap and this is your excuse.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is possible to stand up for yourself without playing his game.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

not with term limits, I firmly believe that. People will vote with a conscience, with balls, knowing they don't have to answer to their constituencies. Witness Jeff Flake and other GOPs who weren't running again. Sure, you'll always have those craven cowards like Lamar Alexander, but I think most pols, when divested of the need to focus on reelection, will vote honorably.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I think my favorite thing about political laundry crap is how EACH party insists it's the one that always caves and takes punches from the other side without ever really striking back hard. It's the classic "See? I can criticize my party (while actually praising it and criticizing the other side)" ploy.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's believed this was the moment in the Iran speech where he dropped a deuce in his bloomers.

Because anyone with toddlers will tell you they've seen that face before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.