1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You're acting like this is a fair fight. It isn't. As TigerVols says, the coup has already happened. What gives you any confidence that this election will be contested fairly? The Russian bot army is already stirring shit up.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So one incident in a decades-long career means he has "credibility issues "?

I'll put his track record against anyone on Fox News, Breitbart, Info Wars, etc. any day.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Maybe.

In all seriousness, I'm talking about people I've met as acquaintances and we've gotten to discussing politics. Businessmen, entrepreneurs. And they despise the paternalistic whiff they get from Dems. Who am I to say, "No, you don't understand. The GOP does not have your best interests in mind"? It's just interesting to hear, was unexpected.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

One lunch with FATUS and they're on their knees

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I find the same exact thing. I am past being shocked at how many times I hear some version of "I know that trump is a dick. I'm not voting democrat". And that is in California.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that’s true.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You're talking to Republicans. That's all. They put in that "I know Trump is a dick" because they aren't sure if you're a fellow Republican.
    I've said this before, but this site is predominately populated by white men. Even if those white men are super liberal Democrats, their social circle is likely to be also predominately white men, the most Republican leaning demographic.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The GOP has always preached loyalty better. The power trickles down.

the GOP is shamelessly loyal, honestly.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Biden needs to say something like, what 100,000 Iowa caucusers say is meaningless.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I find this true. There are many Democrats who would rather lament and stew in their self-righteousness than doing whatever it takes to win. A Dem gets elected, he or she isn't enough of a Democrat. A Republican wins, see I was right - our candidate wasn't liberal enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.