1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think he'll top out at about 1200. The golden toilet can only handle so much.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Graham yes. McConnell no but he needs it to maintain his majority. Cruz IS a Trumper. Collins is just a coward who pretends that makes her thoughtful. Of all the Republicans, she's the one who should be mad at Romney. He made her look like shit and her state isn't exactly deep red.

Tweener likes this.
  3. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

By the time a non-Trumpist center-right party emerges, he'll be too old to be more than an elder statesman. He's 73 next month, and even if Trumpism crashes and burns, it'll take a few years at the least for enough Rs to pretend they didn't support Trump for a new or reformed party to become viable, and by that time I assume we'll have decided we don't want pols who've been eligible for AARP for 20 years running things. I'm naive enough to think he voted this way for the right reasons and not because of any calculation of personal political benefit.

Doug Jones, who also will pay a price for doing the right thing, is 65. Justin Amash is probably the member of Congress whose principles have cost him the most in terms of his political future. He's 39.

Still, good for Romney. Maybe the Trumpists' reaction will turn off a few more voters.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Now he's a quarter-ton? You skipped right past 450.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Todays late afternoon snack of 200 Big Macs just pulled up to the loading dock. Ding Ding.

He's not 500 yet. I'd call that for New Year's.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree about Romney. In Massachusetts he was a highly competent and deeply cynical Governor. Now I think he's just a rich old man who finally couldn't take Trump anymore. He's beyond giving a shit about personal ambition and like Bloomberg, is almost surely richer than Trump. So good for him.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

collins is a whore. She thinks she needs McConnell and his money for re-election. She’s rank and file Republican. It doesn’t matter the policy or the issue. She’s voting party.

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Also, someone said that his campaign was the only one that sent out fact check emails after the sotu.
    (Bloomberg)

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Hiring a team of comedy writers to attack the Trumps relentlessly via paid Fox ads - that is the kind of hero Gotham needs right now.

Tweener and OscarMadison like this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Tweener and OscarMadison like this.
  12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I have seen reports that 70% of Americans believe in and support the policies of the Democrats. I am surprised that we don't win more.
    I suppose that, unfortunately, personality and other things make people vote the other way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.