1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That led me down a fun rabbit trail. I could have sworn Clinton had one Dem flip. Also learned Andrew Johnson was a National Unionist/Democrat and not a Republican.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I actually don't have a problem with the Limbaugh medal - the GOP has drafted off of the bigotry espoused by Limbaugh and his ilk for years, let them do the "dirty work" while they keep an arm's distance to remain "Presidential." At least Trump is finally acknowleding the guy's impact on the party.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

And most of the Democrats simply didn't want to hear his nonsense.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Rural areas are vastly over-represented. We have millions of more people on our side but have less voting power than large, empty masses of land.

lakefront and bigpern23 like this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You can't escape the math. No matter how many people live in California or New York or Florida, the realities of a 538 ceiling and a 3-electoral vote floor --- even for a state with six people in it --- means the populous states will never grow their electoral vote total to representative levels.

So get used to it. Or start moving to places with masses of land. Or quit losing EVERY OTHER type of election where rural areas don't have any advantage.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm used to it. The system is the system.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Or expand the Congress to the level of representation it was when the country was founded

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It’s already happening in Georgia and Texas.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If you switched the rules of the game parties would change how they play the game.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

All the while hiding his binders of women from Trump.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

such a bullshit, self serving statement. The republicans haven’t changed their method or manner of presidential campaigns since the Southern Strategy.
    Which is why the republicans and especially trump were hypercritical of the electoral college leading up to the 2016 election?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.