1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This is, as always, pure racist bullshit.

Don't expect black voters to vote for whoever the kindly white folk tell them is in their best interests. That's not really how it works.

"Hey, Mike Bloomberg thought the way to stop crime was to randomly stop and frisk black people like me, but white people don't seem to mind that, so I guess I'll vote for him!"

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Is the Buttigieg/black vote thing irreparable? What can he do to change it between now and June? I haven't followed closely enough to know the answer.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That's not what was posted. And that wasn't even the policy, this isn't a debate a policing in in NY under Bloomberg. That policy as well as the 'Broken Windows' policy were good faithed attempts to solve a violent crime situation. Which worked better than what preceded it. What we are now debating is was the cost worth what was achieved. Ask the residents of Chicago and Baltimore what they want to solve the mass murders. It is being asked in Baltimore and has been since Freddy Gray, and the answers the community provides have not curbed a murder rate which kills 300 a year in a city of 500K.

What was posted is that not voting is the same as voting against your interests. Failure to support to support a democratic candidate is support for trump. in the same was that voting Green or Libertarian in 2016 was a vote for trump.

Kindly white folks aren't telling blacks who to support. What that half of the political divide is saying is that your issues are addressed here, not there. That you aren't patronized or condescended to is more respectful and truthful than the alternatives.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Verbally attacking members of President Obama's family was in no way comparable to the Germans bombing London.

I have no problem with calling these people what they are and pointing out their flaws. You can do it the right way or you can look for an excuse to be vulgar and attack children.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Trump awards Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom.

Mitt votes to convict a "Republican" president.

Strange daze indeed.

HC likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Valley News
    Just now ·

“There’s no Republican that could beat Donald Trump right now. Mitt Romney, if he had run six months ago, would have been smoked,” said Walsh. “I will be smoked because my Republican Party is not a party, it is a cult.”

Story here

[​IMG]

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Press secretary came out and announced Trump's revenge tour starts with his speech later today. I guess nobody mentioned turning the other cheek at today's prayer breakfast.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Most peculiar, momma.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

An ass cheek is a cheek as well.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh. When they were starving Leningrad and advancing on Moscow, Harry Truman said, "Cool. If we're lucky they'll kill each other off."

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Or as my mother and her mother and countless generations of my people have said, "Better them than us"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.