1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HanSenSE, garrow and 3_Octave_Fart like this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No, I think it's regrettable the Democrats wasted their time on a near-foregone conclusion that only made the guy stronger on the back end. Which, I think he is. It was never a good issue on which to impeach him, neither was the Mueller stuff, America has spent the last year hearing about Russia and Ukraine like it's the mid-90s, the first caucus for the Democratic nominee was a disaster and, somehow, this all seems...fine? Blue voters ended up on the same side as...John Bolton and Mitt Romney? Instead of hammering Trump on the one thing we're all sure he is - a racist who can't unify anyone - we spent the last year haggling over whether he put Ukraine in a bad spot over the fortunate son of a vice president getting a plum job with an oil company?

Digest all that and tell me, at this moment, things are looking good and practical wisdom prevailed these last 8 months or so.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He put Ukraine in a bad spot by strong-arming them to help fix a U. S. Presidential election.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump committed, and confessed to again today, obstruction of justice and illegal use of government money for his personal political goals. If he wasn't impeached, the Democrats who did it would have violated their oaths of office. You cannot impeach a President for "failure to unify." That's not a thing. And I'm pretty sure that if they hadn't impeached Trump, you'd be on here posting they were worthless and weak.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Trump's crimes are partially on the historical record, indexed for all of posterity to see, thanks to the impeachment exercise you deem worthless.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure Alma is evaluating “worth” based on estimated political ramifications of all of this in November.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If so, Alma is just guessing. And if I made an assertion, I'd be just guessing. Nothing wrong with that as long as we're all clear that's what we're doing.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Don't kid yourself, Alma is trolling us. Only he doesn't barge in waving a retirement account statement.

The Jeff Flake of this thread.

HanSenSE and BadgerBeer like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Ah, no.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

There's no misdeed they won't defend
    The coup has already happened

12. goalmouth