1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

But, like their leader, their DNA is weak and produces unproductive mentally defective offspring. Natural selection is too slow in humans. The trump and white trash DNA should have died off by now.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They have more people. They're not as soft (a product of how most grew up). They're not as wasteful (with their time or their priorities).

Why SHOULDN'T they be No. 1?

Instead of gnashing our teeth about it, we should be grateful it took this long. Should have happened decades ago.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I wasn't contesting it. Merely stating it. Yet, ask a rando American and they'll stomp and wail and say it's bullshit.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bullshit.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

China is an on-steroid version of what the Soviet Union could have become. And they were able to learn from the USSR's fuckups.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

China's growth in the last 40 years is one of the remarkable stories of human history. But the US is still a better place to live for the average citizen by a long ways, and the very fact of China's size that gives it such impressive raw economic numbers makes it harder for the country to keep on lifting its economy. It also faces its own demographic issues and is surrounded by neighbors who cordially loathe it. I am old enough to remember the large amount of US reporting, essays, scholarly articles, etc. in the 1980s on how Japan was headed towards being number one and kicking our ass every which way. Didn't happen.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

LOL. I covered a NAM 'Made in America' campaign years ago. At the launch event they handed out tote bags. Inside, a tag, Made in China'. That was my lede.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

11. Neutral Corner

Very interesting tweet thread re the Federalist and co-founder Sean Davis.

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.