1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

"We’re losing our damn minds": James Carville unloads on the Democratic Party

I want to give you an example of the problem here. A few weeks ago, Binyamin Appelbaum, an economics writer for the New York Times, posted a snarky tweet about how LSU canceled classes for the National Championship game. And then he said, do the “Warren/Sanders free public college proposals include LSU, or would it only apply to actual schools?”

You know how fucking patronizing that is to people in the South or in the middle of the country? First, LSU has an unusually high graduation rate, but that’s not the point. It’s the goddamn smugness. This is from a guy who lives in New York and serves on the Times editorial board and there’s not a single person he knows that doesn’t pat him on the back for that kind of tweet. He’s so fucking smart.

Appelbaum doesn’t speak for the Democratic Party, but he does represent the urbanist mindset. We can’t win the Senate by looking down at people. The Democratic Party has to drive a narrative that doesn’t give off vapors that we’re smarter than everyone or culturally arrogant.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

We should remember that trump is never able to have any "success" last for long. He always steps into some shit right after his "win".
    His behavior will start to overshadow the acquittal.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be an election if everyone wasn't telling the out party they're doing it all wrong. And I mean, you can accuse Sanders, Warren and Biden of a lot of things, but culturally arrogant, no. I think by "culturally arrogant" Carville is seeking a way to express the thought a gay man at the top of the ticket is a big loser. That could well be right, but if that's what he thinks, own it.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This only bothers anybody if you think you're not smart.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Didn't the Ds nominate a centrist last time? The truth is, the "real Americans" will take anything that isn't catered to their lifestyles as an attack on their values.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In fairness to Carville, he did say he thought Warren was the best potential candidate which was why he was harder on her than the others at other times. That's a reasonable position, "here's the best candidate, how can we help her be better."

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Mark Burnett needs to be held to account. That fuck stick deserves to be in agonizing pain when he urinates

lakefront and Driftwood like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The snarky comments by some to the other parts of the country do nothing to help the situation.
    I honestly wonder how much the "deplorables" comment did to elect Trump. I'm certain there were some fence sitters who didn't appreciate that.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Another win for Susan Collins!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.