1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If Rutgers won the national college football title? I’d think they would.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That’s Oklahoma. They literally said they wanted to build a college that the football team would be proud of.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Uhh, you are aware how the 2016 election turned out, correct?
    If I'd only known it was as simple as telling uneducated dumb asses not to vote for him.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Among other things, a book deal and a gig on the speaking circuit. Assuming he wants that.

I’m sorry to be cynical. Honestly, I have to think he knew this would be the end result. Just like the Democrats knew they would lose on acquittal.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

While graduating a higher percentage of students than LSU.

That’s the point of why northeastern “elites” look down on the SEC rubes.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah. Putin flipped a switch.
    This whole concept that you can't tell repulsive stupid assholes they're repulsive stupid assholes is one of the reasons we are where we are.

7. Driftwood

Wow, you should teach a class on how to win hearts and minds, Dale Carnegie.

8. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

The ironic thing is, that comment was actually arguing against what Carville calls the urbanist mindset. Her whole comment was something along the lines of "yeah, half of them, let's call them the deplorables, are really bad, but the other half have legitimate concerns, and we should try to understand them." Still a politically stupid thing to say, as she should've known the comment would be leaked and taken out of context to hurt her.

lakefront likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And it really stood out, because her opponent only had praise for everyone.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

For 35 years now, every word Hillary uttered has been taken out of context to hurt her.
    If she was going to self-censor so the Faux Fascist Noise screech machine wouldn't say nasty things about her, she'd have to stay home and hide under the bed.

Webster and lakefront like this.
  11. Driftwood

Here's the quote:
    “You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

I'm telling you from 100% personal experience as an educated person who wasn't in either camp in 2016, that could have easily pushed me toward Trump. I despised Trump but was never going to vote for Clinton. If her comments made me say "fuck you, bitch" ... imagine what it did to any dumb ass fence sitters who weren't capable of seeing beyond the then and there.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The yokel who said that had earned a Ph.D. in botany when he was 23 from the University of Chicago. It was in answer to a state legislator’s question of why the university needed so much money. George Cross was OU president from 1943 to 1968.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.