1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I thought that was the turning point in the election. Then the Comey October surprised sealed it. It was a dumb fucking thing to say.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Here's another insane, vindictive tweet from your g*damned hero. But it doesn't mention deplorables, so I guess that makes it okay."

[​IMG]

3. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

OK, Louisiana doesn't produce as many college graduates as other states, and its voters voted for Trump, which most of us here really wish they hadn't done. But while we're considering how New York and its residents are so superior to the rest of us, perhaps we should remember where Donald Trump is from and how he fits a stereotype of New Yorkers just as much as Coach O does of Louisianans. I know which of the two I'd rather have people associate me with.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with LSU as a state university except the state legislature there hates funding education, a problem shared by many many other state universities. James Carville was right to take the heat about that guy's tweet and very silly to say it has anything to do with the Democratic presidential candidates and campaign.

5. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

I'll be interested to see (assuming it becomes public) what happens to David Holmes and Jennifer Williams in this year's State Department promotion cycle. State evaluations cover the year from one April to the next, so neither has yet been considered for promotion based on their work during the period that includes their testimony. Promotion panels made up mostly of career people will consider them in the summer. Promotions are announced in the fall, and the lists are sent to the Senate for confirmation around the end of the year. At what I assume are their ranks, promotion rates can be anywhere between 5% and 25%, and you can't get promoted for a year or two after your previous promotion, so I have no idea if they would normally be promoted anyway. I could see the career people on the panel deciding that their actions in testifying warrant promotion, regardless of anything else they did during the year and regardless of what their supervisors write in their evaluations. I could also see Pompeo removing their names from the promotion list, or some Senators blocking approval of lists with their names on it.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

LOL...on us

Songbird likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump has never been anything but a joke to NYers, except maybe some people from Staten Island.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

What, the beer or the article?

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

What Trump is doing to these government employees who testified, do they have a viable lawsuit against him in the federal government?

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I won't either. Or forget.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Both, actually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.