1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is noteworthy to me that the number cruncher school of political analysts, Nate Silver, Nate Cohn of the Times, Harry Enten of CNN have unanimously stated on Twitter in the last two days that Sanders will win the nomination and no one can stop him. There's been one caucus! And nobody knows who won it! IMO these smart people are simply placing what happened in the Republican race in 2016 on top of the 2020 Democratic race. I mean, they could be right, but it's hardly what I call analytics. My own Sanders case, his supporters know what they want and the majority of Democrats who only want to beat Trump don't, is based on no science at all and I would hardly place money on it.

Batman and lakefront like this.
  2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I did agree with him. I thought it was an issue that ,generally speaking, there are a larger number of Blacks than the average population that are anti homosexual. If that is not true anymore then someone needs to do a poll.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

maybe a case worker and government therapist and counselor can help you work through your anger issues.
    I’m sure that treating blacks like they are special ed students by the democrats is working our well. Patronizing them and their concerns by giving ‘special’ attention to their special concerns got us a trump presidency. Asking candidates about reparations to African Americans is not an issue that will dislodge evil from the seat of executive power.

the antipathy of blacks to Buttigieg is a two way street. He didn’t go out of his to court establishment black leaders, so they went on TV and said he hasn’t done anything to help blacks. The butthurt black leaders aren’t getting proper respect so they undermine him. He’s portraying himself as a middle progressive candidate, beholden to no one. But the African American Democrats can’t just be one of a coalition, they have to be the primary voter.

again, while other democrats care about immigration reform, LBGT rights, reproductive rights and keeping church and politics separate, blacks, in these areas, are solid right. Reparations, police reform, decriminalization, emptying prisons and education reform seem to be their policy list. All good issues, but local, not national.

so asking whether it’s Pete Buttigieg that doesn’t court blacks, or whether blacks are prejudiced against Buttigieg is an appropriate question.
    And it’s really time ALL democrats and rational people put aside their grievances for the good of everyone. 4 more years of trump will lead to global depression, global climate destruction and hellish wars all over the world that a strong America would have kept minimized. Oh, and as trump empties the treasury to pay contracts for goods and service never received, only kickbacks, Baltimore and Chicago will see 700 black men killed a year, again and again and again.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I would have to double check but I believe democrats were responsible for affirmative action. That was necessary. Policies should always be revisited but at the time I have to believe that it was a great move forward for lots of people.

If Blacks are on the right/republican side of those issues you mentioned and a larger than average number may be, they are wrong. Civil rights should be for everyone.

I can't comprehend how a group-any group- that has been suppressed can go along with another group of consenting human adults being supressed.

They came for the...fill in the blank...and I did mothing... we all know the rest of that.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

heyabbott likes this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Pete's a gay, young, whip-smart Ronald Reagan. That's why folks are getting worried.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Pete worries me because he's bought and paid for. He'd be the corporate consultant president.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Top Contributors, federal election data for Pete Buttigieg, 2020 cycle

I’m not seeing the kind of corporate donors that scare me too much. Not a lot of fossil fuels. Strip mining or coal or logging, no defense contractors or private prisons. Many of his donors also contributed to Senator Harris and Senator Booker

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I thought I could vote for a former McKinsey type under the circumstances- but I can't. Totally sincere people don't start out at consulting firms.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Buttigieg ain't gettting the nomination; if in some event he did, he's still 500 million percent better than Fatfuck.
    Ditto Bloomberg. I don't like his rich boy history, but Fatfuck is a fascist, and must be removed BAMN.

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Chuck Todd interviewed Bernie and Mayor Pete today
    But he waited until the end of the show to display why a lot of Democrats hate him when he started openly rooting for Amy Klobuchar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.