1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's what set off today's shit-fit in which Fatfuck accused him of turning over secrets to the Russians.

Well, that and sheer projection.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

First day away from Twitter but certain that FATUS is still a c*nt.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

GAME CHANGER: John Cougar Mellencamp is all in for Bloomberg.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Non-white voters are going to decide the Dem primary unless someone is able to generate Obama level enthusiasm. Bloomberg isn't that guy. Though it will be rich hearing the argument that he's a former Republican from Warren, or that he's not a real Democrat from Bernie. Not sure how many "Reagan Dems" any candidate will pull - better to go after never Trumpers.

New Poll has Bernie plus 8 over Trump. So much for the Impeachment/SOTU bounce.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I'm not expressing myself very well today. (You can always tell when I've spent more time with clients than not. My verbal skills...Argh!)

1.) Hillary's "deplorables" comment was ill-advised. She's tin-eared and cloistered.

2.) We sit by and let the Right use scare tactics, point fingers, lay blame on all manner of others. They know it plays right into the fears and insecurities of the people who want to embody American exceptionalism and yet are actually the easiest to lead.

Going back to that mouth-breathing kid who was bought off to lie for the trucker: The driver, his employer, that kid's family and the kid himself were unmoved by the girl who laid on the tarmac and whimpered with her forehead split open. The company, driver, and lawyers all wanted to protect their money and so they appealed to the kid and his family's sense of feeling slighted "buhcawse no one cares 'bout hardworkin' truckers!" They were going to get a swat or two of their own in on behalf of everybody like them. The money people knew exactly how to play them to get what they wanted.

Sound familiar?

Progressives are too damned polite. We cling to being "the nice ones." This might be the reason the most egregious behavior in my party seems to be directed at each other instead of the real opponents. We punch sideways and down. So how's that working out for us?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    Slacker, swingline, Dyno and 2 others like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Obama let these people kick him in the ass all the time. It was not exemplary.

Only within the constructs of the GOP could a lifetime dork like McConnell be an alpha.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That’s a haboob.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Biggest one in politics

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

What made me really crazy about Obama was his habit of giving up a big point right at the start. Negotiations wouldn't really be going yet, and he'd yield a big bargaining point early, like "See how reasonable I am? I'll meet you in the middle", and the R's would be asking for ten more feet of rope.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Truly agree. A President like Trump can't be, and shouldn't be, covered like a normal President. You don't have to be an a-hole to point out the President is lying or incompetent, lacks character and good judgement and has run off everyone in his cabinet who gave his candidacy credibility. It isn't like a Mattis or Kelly became generals by being quitters. He shuts out or kicks out anyone with the courage to tell him he doesn't have any clothes on. Ridicules injured members of the service. Kowtows to dictators and shuns nations allied with our country since before its foundation. He doesn't do these things as a sign of strength but because of his insecurity and weakness.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Wow. The things that we are tolerating in our government right now astonish and sadden me.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.