1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Michael, I agree, it doesn't seem like his heart is in this. And I can't blame him, he's run his course in life and been through a lot.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I really think he's just aging.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think Biden was genuinely convinced by his longtime friends in the party that he was the only guy who could unify it to beat Trump and he ran out of a sense of duty. As it's becoming clear Democratic voters do not share that conviction, he has no incentive to run further.

sgreenwell and bigpern23 like this.
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Biden has never been a great candidate. He appears to be an inherently decent and deeply empathetic person, but I’ve never seen him as someone to fill the big seat. And I hate to be ageist, but he really appears to have slipped in the last 4 years.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Potus after this one will be Ivanka.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I think he's slipped in the last 12 months, and I say that as someone who chipped in on the day he announced.
    I've gone from a Biden lock to having to weigh other options during the next three weeks.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

She's like the party guest that doesn't know when to go home.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Meanwhile the Trump shit with Debbie Dingell continues and his loathsome and untruthful behavior just rolls on.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

This makes me think about Robert Duvall and Al Pacino in Godfather II - only Barr and Trump, unfortunately, are for real.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I agree. He seems to feel fury-bound to run because he thinks he’ll beat the incumbent, but he doesn’t really seem to want the job.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Defending a widow from regular attacks is the least one of the worthless GOP congresspeople could do. They can't even muster that.

But it's fine, this is all going on the tab.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.