1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Imagine that!

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Frankly, Bloomberg can easily shut down the soda criticism by saying that he thought it was OK to regulate people’s bodies since Republicans say it’s OK to regulate pregnant women’s bodies.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Somebody on Twitter came up with this idea for Bloomberg. Buy up Trump's debt (it'd take a couple billion, so no biggie for Mike). Then call the loans.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Gee, Presidential administrations politicizing their DOJs? Choosing who to go after and who to lay off of? I'm stunned. I do think there is a difference in dealing with the "macro" of enforcement and getting involved to "guide" the "micro" of specific cases.

6. Neutral Corner

I don't think that Judge Amy Berman Jackson is going to be influenced by Trump's tweets. The rest of DOJ, not so much.

lakefront likes this.
  7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Trump's counting on that. He's already setting himself up to pardon or commute Stone's sentence because of how "unfair" it will be.

lakefront and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My 11-year-old would mop the floor with Ivanka in a debate. The Trump spawn is dumb, dumb, dumb.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

She's the party guest who you only invited out of a sense of obligation (because everyone else in the office was coming) but you really hoped she didn't show up. But show up she did, only to get stupid drunk in a hurry and run off all the guests you wanted. And then you start asking yourself just how hard it would be to dismember a body ...

10. Neutral Corner

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Just a wild guess, but I bet they won't!

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.