1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

When you have a beard, all you do is touch your face. It's one of the reasons for having a beard, to play with it.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

One of our cats tends to be bulled by the other.

EXCEPT those rare times when the coward has to wear the cone of shame. Then the bully acts scared of him.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Very hard not to touch your face when you're seated all day.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

probably still fewer than the amount of times people check their iphones per day.

5. CD Boogie

That's legit.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Hot bars are pig troughs for humans

7. CD Boogie

Yeah, those are a staple in NYC and I used to dip into one occasionally. With a ladle, not my hands. Never again.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nah. I'm just a Southern boy, whose father was a genuine country boy, born a hundred years ago. He knew lean times, for sure, coming up as a depression kid. I hunted squirrels as a kid, and the rule was that if you were going to shoot a living thing, you ate it. Squirrel stew is ok, but it was a little gamy for my tastes. I dove hunted socially with my circle of friends, blam-blamming in a dove field. Doves have a fair sized breast, there's not enough meat on the rest to fool with it. My wife's father was a bigger wingshooter than anyone on my side of the family, so ducks, quail, and dove were routine as she grew up. She learned to cook doves from her mother, and they were damn good eating. I haven't hunted in almost twenty years.

I grew up upper middle class in suburban Atlanta. No rock soup. There were some lean times when the company that my father had worked for screwed him over in 1980 or so during the recession, but our lean times meant some penny pinching until he found a new corporate job and moved to Houston, not any real hardship.

OscarMadison and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

That's the one good thing about wearing a mask. You go to touch your face, most times the mask reminds you to leave it alone.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

NC, that’s a “30 Rock” reference, not a dig at you.

Smoked dove breast wrapped in bacon is divine.

11. CD Boogie

That's why I got me one of these

upload_2020-3-4_13-10-58.jpeg

12. Neutral Corner

Went right over my head. I didn't watch 30 Rock much for some reason. I just never got hooked by it.

No worries.

Draft saved Draft deleted