1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I know that Obama rightly gets shit for the keeping your doctor quote.

But Trump has basically skated over his “anyone who wants a test can get a test” lie.

lakefront likes this.
  2. Webster

What is social distancing?

jlee likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Here in Bennington, anyone can get a drive-up test at the hospital even those without a primary care doctor or insurance. All they have to do is call the department of health to have a test ordered for them. Anyone who gets a drive-up test -- where they stay in their car and get swabbed -- is encouraged to go straight home and stay there till they get the results.

lakefront likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So writers going into the clubhouse is a risk, but herding 40,000 people into a cheek by jowl situation like Fenway on Opening Day is A-OK.

5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'm a big Pearl Jam fan and they are doing a tour starting in a few weeks, which I was going to several shows, and they just postponed it.

6. Webster

that is excellent, but there certainly is not the same access to testing in the NYC area and doesn’t make Trump’s statement any more true.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I fear, when this is all over, they won't open them up again.

ChrisLong likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Or basketball players can jostle for rebound position for 40 minutes of timed play without problem, but they can't shake hands afterwards. Fist bumps only.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I forgot about the desklamps! Such a tremendous show, from the writing and production details. I found it out funnier after I saw the episodes as an adult knowing the parody than I did as a kid. And there was a teacher in middle school who looked the spitting image of Dick Gautier. Of course we all called him "Hymie."

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right. Once they see they can get away with the restricted access, why would they want to go back to open locker rooms?

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted