1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I get the sense our big tough schtrong manly president thinks it would be unmanly to admit he was tested, because he's a fucking idiot like that.

lakefront likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ohio State just moved all classes to online until March 30.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Who cares! Everyone knows the last test he passed was the height test at the fun house ride at Coney Island in 1951.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's going to be pretty much everyone soon. What's going to be fun is the businesses that try to do telecommuting, work from home. The problem there is that their IT infrastructure may be entirely inadequate for that sort of load. That's particularly true for very big companies, who may have thousands of employees trying to log in at the same time. Throw in the employees who do not have an adequate computer or ISP service to use such a hook up.

5. TheSportsPredictor

Santa Clara U just did the same.

And Santa Clara County just announced no gatherings of more than a thousand people, which means San Jose Sharks will be playing in front of very small crowds.

6. TheSportsPredictor

Or not at all:

F3087E5A-0A05-4BDD-8EC3-B0B5F550BE76.png

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Nothing official from the Sharks yet. But I have to think they'd have to play them without spectators.

8. HanSenSE

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is exactly what they've wanted for years. Baseball players resent the intrusion of the media into their space, and given the amount of time every day that reporters are hanging around, I don't totally blame them for it. Always thought it was a bit much for all concerned parties.

OscarMadison and 3_Octave_Fart like this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

11. HanSenSE

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So it'll be like the Orioles playing a weekend series at Tampa Bay that was originally scheduled to be at Camden Yards when the Freddie Gray disaster unfolded. Well, not quite. O's had to become the visiting team by rule as well as by fact -- batting first instead of last. There are no differences of that degree in hockey, I imagine.
    This could be the tipping point on the NCAA Tournament. Sacramento, a first-weekend host, is 120 miles from Santa Clara. The following week, regionals set for LA. And then there's the problem of Spokane in the first week. Six hours from Seattle but same state. The one governed by "the snake," as the despicable president has called him.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted