1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

If this elicits a full transition (and I mean full) to telecommuting, with no more brick-and-mortar work locations, no more hectoring mid-managers, no more busy work, then it will have a positive outcome.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They don’t care. Their love of Trump comes before all. Even though they claim to be in the one and only party of true family values.

Roscablo likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My wife who works at San Jose State said the campus is eerie right now with no students. Weirdly, they've cancelled classes, but the staff must still report and the students living in dorms aren't being asked to leave. Maybe if they have to vacate the dorms they have to think about shutting down the semester (and I don't think they want to do that), but it does seem weird that it's too much of a risk for classes to continue but thousands living in a dorm is just fine.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's the three days of instruction with a PGA Tour and USGA expert that is most useful, and the Rules are complicated and picky as shit at times, so being able to collaborate with others in the learning process really helps. I sit with our tourney staff talking about Rules quite a bit, and it really helps with understanding. The Wisconsin Golf Association put out a series of Rules podcasts that are (as dry and boring as you think they would be) are similar to what you go through in the class sessions.

That said, I'm sure they'll allow Allied Golf Associations to proctor the 100-question exam, so I assume I'll be taking it at the office at some point.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, how are they going to find census takers with this?

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

It was a long time ago, but wasn't the Cow Palace where the Seals played?

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I work at least one day a week at home, sometimes two, and I will say straight up the production sucks at home. Too many distractions.

The boss at the office is actually pretty restrained, to his credit. He's an advertising nerd and stays out of our editorial business. I get so much more done when I go in.

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I know the Western Hockey League Seals played at the Cow Palace, but I'm pretty certain the Oakland Coliseum Arena was open by the time the NHL Seals showed up. Someone who lived there before 1972 may know differently.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Working from home is doable. It's best for self-starter types.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No, I saw the Seals play the Canadiens there (2-2 tie) in the winter of '73.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Pence has finally mastered, and surpassed, the Nancy Reagan gaze of adoration.

lakefront likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted