1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Twirling Time/Oscar-
    Curious to know if working from home has helped your work-life balance.

Twirling Time likes this.
  2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I heard someone call him “the bobblehead” which is fantastic.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FATUS gets old but this never does, may he drown in a pool of his own feces

5. Neutral Corner

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Best venue name ever.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Spring football started this week too.

8. HanSenSE

The minor league Seals played there, but the NHL Seals played at the Coliseum. The Sharks played their first two seasons there while the Tank was being built.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

That MS is getting worse.

10. HanSenSE

Pac 12 joins the no media crowd.

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

My answer would be an emphatic yes. I went from schools and medical model/respite environments to working from home. Especially with inpatient populations, things chug along 24/7. After almost two decades of this, it was nice to be able to see friends and family, go to church, sleep, teach classes, and volunteer.

There might be a learning curve for anyone else in your household. Sometimes people don't see it as real work. Meh. It's doable as long as you have the discipline to get your work done and then walk away from the computer. FWIW, right now I am part of an experiment that reframes mental health intervention in a way that helps people get over the stigma. Weird, fun, and at times exhausting. It's probably fortunate that my clients can't see me wearing a Cookie Monster onsie while I'm logged in. (It's warm!)

The exception to work from home/life balance for me would be the two years my company pulled most of us off UR and compliance to do volunteer intake and travel for the Red Cross. We had a three-week walkup to learn SABRE and prepare for Katrina (and then Rita, and...) That gentle work week turned into a relentless giant hamster wheel of dealing with airlines and people determined to go see the storm damage "just for the weekend!" Oh, they could be useful. They would be happy to fold socks and give out bottles of water.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted