1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

882956BD-1206-418F-9020-47C541EA5EF0.jpeg

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How long ago was that, roughly speaking?
    From what I've observed in the SEC, Conference USA, and even the SWAC over the past couple of decades it's interview rooms for football and basketball, and on-field interviews for baseball during the postgame. Conference and NCAA tournament games were always interview rooms.
    I remember going into LSU's locker room when Gerry DiNardo was there, but looking back it seems like he was very much an outlier when it came to media access.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

University of Tulsa goes online until April. A family member of a student tested positive.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Five years or so. I'm sure it's changed since then, just my memories of it.

Batman likes this.
  5. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

I have come around to the way of thinking of this article, after seeing what's transpired in Italy with the overburdened hospitals (and the fact that my wife works in a hospital here and would end up on the front lines of this)--yes, cancel everything.

Cancel Everything

Inky_Wretch and Roscablo like this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

It's no small thing for a college to cancel classes and order students home for the rest of the semester but it's happening.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No small thing for elementary through high schools to do it either, particularly with the child care while working issue, but it's coming. Pray that it's light and easy instead of decking us.

8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

You wanna hear a frightening statistic?

Alabama has 15,477 hospital beds, total. Alabama has 4.9 million people.

I don't even want to think about the respirator count.

10. Neutral Corner

It's funny how you can have a blind spot for something that's right in front of your face.

My brother works in a hospital in San Antonio. He's a respiratory therapist.

11. Neutral Corner

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted