1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Because he cried right up to the election and then tried to make peace. This time he's on the ropes now and should try to make peace. Four months of "beat Trump's ass" will get a lot of the Bernie Bros in line.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Say it like you mean it this time

lakefront likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It would definitely be nice to get a lot of Bernie supporters to vote for Biden. But young people still don't vote in reliable numbers. The people who stayed home in 2016 who usually vote D are the ones we need to turn out. They did in the midterms. They have so far in the primaries.

Keep that going and win in November. We're fucking exhausted and just want this shitty four years to be over.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Exactly. If we can't get rid of him now, it'll never happen. I had a pretty big hunch that Trump was going to win the second after the Comey letter came out in '16. Have the same sort of hunch that the grand majority of the country will say 'enough' after this incompetent showing during a real moment of danger.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know who wrote Biden's speech, or helped him prepare the delivery, but it was masterful. The kind of moment people watch and say "Yeah, I can see him as President." You can write the words "calm and reassuring" but if you come out and go "Yee-haw. We DID IT YOU SOBs" it doesn't quite register.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Poison in the WH. Poison on its favorite channel.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I saw Sandernistas on Facebook last night trashing Biden
    I can’t see Bernie doing anything for the good of the party since he isn’t a Democrat
    I think he will stick around just like 2016

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Were you optimistic in 1993 when Yeltsin ordered tanks and airborne troops to shell and storm the Russian Parliament building, to suppress the opposition trying to remove him?

Everybody in America was expressing all kinds of optimism about Russia in 1999, including VP Al Gore, who said, "Optimism prevails universally among those who are familiar with what is going on in Russia.''

Nobody in Russia was optimistic about a goddamn thing in 1999, least of all the outgoing president. Talk about a "malaise" speech.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yeah, they wear those shirts too. Can't find a pic to copy and paste. But a woman at a rally had a homemade one and now the sell them.
    I honestly think some of the old bleach blondes think they have a chance with him. (they aren't wrong)

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Pushing
    Trump's
    Agenda

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Actively
    Omitting
    Coronavirus

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I knew there had to be some kind of explanation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.