1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

People who deliberately endanger others need to face criminal charges. So should the officials who screwed this up.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Like Rock Hudson becoming the first celebrity to die of AIDS (IIRC), it seems inevitable that someone famous (and most likely old) is gonna contract the virus and die. Hate to do it, but my money is on President Fuckstick.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Show me one true-blue scientist (you know, with lots of letters behind their names, and maybe "epidemiologist" included in their title) who says Americans are safe going to hockey games or riding subways.

I mean, I know plenty of folks on Fox News or on Clay Travis' feed say it's ok, not to worry, nothing to see here...but show me ONE certified expert who says crowds are nothing to worry about these days.

Regardless of how healthy YOU are, you owe it to the rest of us with underlying factors NOT to gather in big groups. Jeesh, it ain't that hard.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I would think a politician of some stripe would be the favorite in the first-famous-person-to-get-it pool.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Genuinely interested, but what's the cutoff? Like, am I OK going to my weekly trivia at my neighborhood bar tonight? I feel like it's extreme to skip out on stuff like that. Hell, I already take metro north every day toward NYC, so I'm already in the deep end of the pool

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

No green beer, no douchebag hipsters in plastic green bowler hats ... Jesus, what a pity.

SFIND, Fred siegle and OscarMadison like this.
  9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't care where I'm expected to be at what time and who's demanding I be there - I ain't getting on a NYC subway car with 1,800 other people with this thing floating around.

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

OUT THEM

NAME NAMES

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted