1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Boston is an epicenter, those schools starting to cancel classes, move all students out of dorms. Smart.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The seniors are getting let out a week early for spring break and don't have to worry about braving a hangover to make it to class ever again -- and his heart goes out to them? Pretty sure they're loving this. Second semester senior year, ya know how many memories I have from in-classroom events? Not a fucking one. They act like making the classes go online is gonna stop the kids from socializing.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Boston also has more foreign students than anywhere else. Where are they gonna go? Back to China? MOST students will leave, but some will stay out of necessity. Some dorms, food service facilities, etc. will remain open.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'll take the over. Unfortunately.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. Inky_Wretch

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No spectators allowed for Nets-Warriors Thursday.

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I would be curious to know how truly concerned people here are about this, or if it is simply an interesting topic of discussion. I've seen some of the posts about travel and subway-riding. I wonder if you've, say, curtailed family get-togethers, or skipped gatherings of friends, or stayed home from work as soon as you coughed? Have anyone stocked up on supplies very much?

In the Walmart store where I work, the sales floor shelves are empty -- literally empty -- of toilet paper, even the rapid-dissolving kind in the RV section of the Tire & Lube Express Center. And they have been for two weeks now. I mean, we get some each night, put it out, and it's gone within the hour. Just truly unbelievable.

We are also out -- like, completely out -- of hand sanitizer, and every kind of Clorox and Lysol cleaning item that there is, as well as the wipes that are used on the shopping carts (which WE started handing out to customers recently in an effort to ration them, because people were taking 10 at a time to wipe down their baskets).

My online-orders room is filled right now with orders of said toilet paper and hoards of flats of the 40-packs of bottled water, and when those have run out, the 32-pack, the 24 pack, and whatever other ones we have.

Which have not been picked up.

Now, I'm pretty sure these people aren't taking their 10 bottles of Clorox and their six cans of Lysol spray, and collections of bottled water and wiping down their houses, or anything.

My guess is that they're selling it, not necessarily being all that concerned about catching the Coronavirus themselves.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Also, Giants cancel March 24 exhibition game vs. A's at Oracle. Home opener is in early April.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Morons stock up on toilet paper. All ya need is a turkey baster and you've got yourself a homemade bidet.

My cousin just cancelled a dinner with my sisters this weekend in Maryland, citing the need to social distance.

Why the need for bottled water? What's the matter with tap water?

People are such sheep, so easily triggered. Turn off the TV news, stop reading social media. Come to SJ for all necessary updates...

ChrisLong likes this.
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I saw the St. Louis guy named yesterday - his name allegedly is Drew Schenk.

Release the hounds.

12. Inky_Wretch

Draft saved Draft deleted