1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

NYC cancels the St. Patrick’s Day Parade.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The PGA Tour will work like crazy to get its beloved Players Championship complete, then maybe they'll worry about pandemics. But thousands of sweaty fans in close proximity around the 17th hole doesn't sound all that great right now.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm guessing we're at the point where cable news networks adopt a special graphic and dramatic music - do constant crawl of strictly caronavirus news. It blows my mind we're already way past SARS in terms of magnitude.

I'm probably being stupid by saying this - but if current projections are up to half of the US being affected - wouldn't it be best if you just quarantine the medically vulnerable and have everyone else shaking hands and spreading it as quickly as possible and working its way through? We could be out of this in three weeks. As opposed to it slowly migrating around.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

If you went to sleep at 830 tonight on the east coast, you are really waking up to a different world.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Someone beat you to it, saying something very close to that. It didn't go well.
    CNBC’s Rick Santelli Apologizes For Coronavirus Comment – Deadline

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"Nightline" has returned to its roots, in a way, with nightly shows on the virus.

7. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

As someone with a spouse who works in a hospital, this graph really spells out the counterargument to that for me. Italy's hospital system is completely overwhelmed right now and they are having to make life-or-death decisions about which patients to treat and which not to.

[​IMG]

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So yeah, I was being stupid - quoting mr. Tea Party. But there is some truth to it, if a vaccine is developed, a vaccine is technically a low-grade version of the virus to develop immunity.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yup. I do it all the time.

Inky_Wretch and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. Neutral Corner

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted