1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm a G5 guy. Fuck Herbstreit.

I suspect that things won't be back to normal for six months or better. That will depend on a lot of things, like how well we flatten the curve (not looking good), manufacturing tests in quantity, getting a reliable test for Covid antibodys so we know has already had it and is likely resistant, and ultimately a cure and vaccine.

maumann and Roscablo like this.
  3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I really question, no matter what the president says, how we start returning to normal and how long that takes. Then you have the question if it does start subsiding naturally in the summer, which who knows if it actually will, will there be a reemergence in the fall and how we deal with that then. While going out into public may be eased some, large gatherings will take a lot longer. May be the games happen without fans or whatever, but the teams are still at risk. It's going to be really interesting to see how this shakes out in the coming months for the things we consider normal.

maumann likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

What in the actual fuck

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Did I read this here today? If so, sorry for the db. But it's a funny turn on an old standard.

Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Angela Merkel, Pope Francis and a ten-year-old schoolboy are on a plane, that is going down. There are only four parachutes.

Trump declares, "I'm the smartest person in the U.S.A., the country needs me." He grabs one and jumps.

Johnson declares, "Britain can't survive Brexit without me," as he grabs one and jumps.

The Pope declares, "More than a billion Catholics needs me," as he grabs one and jumps.

Merkel looks at the boy and says, "You take the last one, you have a whole life ahead of you."

The boy replies, "It's OK, there's two parachutes left, the smartest man in the U.S.A. took my backpack."

maumann, Matt1735, Iron_chet and 7 others like this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The Asian . . . can take a television and turn it into a ventilator.

FTFY

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If it comes to that, hopefully, it's not that bad, but instead an abundance of caution from school officials (and their lawyers).

8. BTExpress

Alabama will still claim the national championship.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. I worked their season-ending football game up there in 2018.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. We're starting to see events in June (U.S. Open) getting postponed, so we're probably another month to six weeks on whether college football (and the NFL) get delayed. A lot will change in a week -- much less six weeks. And what that recovery and return to "normalcy" looks like will no doubt be interesting.

maumann and Neutral Corner like this.
  12. BTExpress

Players wear face masks. Fans wear face masks.

Draft saved Draft deleted