1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Stipulating that the above is 100 percent accurate . . .

Doesn't the same happen with a fall reemergence of the virus? Economy careening as new outbreaks would need to be contained using the same draconian measures we’re relying on today? All the stuff we're doing now going for naught?

Or are we just crossing our fingers and hoping for a milder strain, more effective treatments and more efficient testing?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The virus is very new. The idea it will recur in the fall is a hypothesis that has yet to be tested. In any event, playing for time is really the only strategy available right now.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yes.

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I work out near Heathrow Airport in London in a (not-especially-important) key worker position. I had to go up to departures in Terminal 5 this morning and there were still tons of people heading off on flights. It's the terminal dedicated to BA and so they go all over the world.

Not the busiest I've ever seen it but it was like a scene from two weeks ago. Except for the supermarkets, the rest of London is a ghost town.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I suspect that too.

It's a dreadful situation when I'm hope that more people have already died this... and thus, even more people have beat it without noticing.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It of course would relieve his parents no end if that is indeed what happened. But there's no knowing.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Duval nearly went for Clinton in 2016. St. John's went for Trump by a 2:1 margin.

9. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I think a lot of us know someone who wonders. The case described here I bet would almost certainly be COVID with the travel and big respiratory issues and what not. But my 15-year-old had a hell of a cold with a high fever, 103, in the middle of February, just after Valentine's Day. He was negative for the flu. Everyone in my house, six of us, but my wife got it to some extent. My 12-year-old was next worse also with a decent fever. We mostly blew it off because one of the symptoms common with my kids and myself when we get sick is fevers. A few weeks later we started thinking, hmmm. His would have been totally community related, and that might have been early for that, but might not have been. I still sort of lean toward it wasn't but it's hard not to wonder.

britwrit likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Got it.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Just substitute Coronavirus for the title

Draft saved Draft deleted