1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado, as you know, has a statewide stay-at-home order in place. Today is Day 3 of that order that lasts until April 11.

This is Berthoud Pass at 2:45 p.m. today. Might as well be a Florida beach.

No one is taking it seriously.

[​IMG]

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nope. Lots of folks still are not convinced. Next week we should get to a thousand a day or so and still doubling and maybe the lights will go on for some of the scoffers.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

We hit 2,000 today.
    I think it was Thursday about this same time that I posted we'd hit 1,000 in the next 12 hours. Might have been Wednesday.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

When the President of the United States, whose klan accounts for ≥ 43% of the country, is saying concern over this matter is unpatriotic, there's going to be a large segment of this country that claims there is no problem.
    When the president's klan considers identification with him to be the most important connection in their lives outside of family, they're going to lock on to whatever he says. Even if it gets them killed. The klan's thought leaders have even postulated that tis better to die for Trump than to fight death. This is the societal sickness that compounds the physical sickness.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'll say this. Birmingham put in a shelter in place and an evening curfew, and they have been ticketing and arresting people who are out and about inappropriately. I heard my son talking on the phone to one of his friends who was trying to get him to come out, and he wasn't having any of it. Apparently his Facebook is broken out with people who have found the police rather unsympathetic.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Same.

I have a pretty good understanding of my body and its aches and pains...the last week of February I came down with something new for me, massive fatigue and an epic shortness of breath. I had been watching the COVID-19 reaction but knew there were no cases near me, so I shrugged it off...even when I had my first fever in at least 5 years, which lasted 3 days. Since I had no cough, I assumed I had a mild fever but maybe my religious use of cough suppressant helped keep that symptom at bay? I don't know but when (if?) the dust settles I'd love to get tested to confirm if indeed I had it or not.

Or maybe I had the Norcovirus. /SoCal joke.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Should be rather easy to police this thing in Colorado. If only they followed the Alabama example.
    Did I just say that?

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Ugh. And I feel for the most part people in Colorado are on board. But this is two weeks in a row. This one in a statewide shutdown.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Y'alls gonna get what your states deserve; unfortunately, so will a lot of undeserving folks.

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Allegedly the state patrol was going to crack down on mountain parking. They specifically talked about Berthoud Pass, pictured above. Obviously not doing a great job there. The governor did say at first the idea would be to break up groups in parks and what not. This probably will get more serious enforcement in place.

11. MileHigh

The Colorado State Patrol needs to start ticketing -- and towing. That's a frickin' joke.

HanSenSE and Roscablo like this.
  12. MileHigh

Yeah, I'm bored too. Last week, I took a long drive through the mountains -- didn't get out of my car, just drove. An absolute embarrassment.

Roscablo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted