1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I smoked pot with Johnny Hopkins.

Della9250 likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

tremendous control

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There are a lot of inconsistencies across tracking sites.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm doing videos for my students. We discussed when and what people knew about coronavirus. I told them anything they heard about us not knowing about it or it blindsiding us simply wasn't true (I used that terminology instead of what I want - Trump is lying) because we had been monitoring it in class for weeks before it blew up here.
    I just went back and looked. We first heard about it on Jan. 21. We start class each day with CNN 10, a newscast designed for students, and that was the first reference on there. Even it was pretty detailed.

maumann likes this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Eight or nine days ago, Azar spoke at the daily news conference and he came off as a bumbling idiot, just like all the others except Fauci. Azrael's point that a clear message was needed is exactly right. The perfect time was when he was asked what his message would be to the people who are scared, and he said: You're a lousy reporter. That's my message, you're a horrible reporter. You report lies, etc., etc., etc.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Exactly.

It's willful ignorance at best on display by ALL of our societal leaders. For example, there is NO REASON why every hospital CEO in America whose facility is currently facing a mask shortage should not be brought up on criminal charges once the dust settles, because they could have placed orders back then for all the stuff they are lacking now...the virus' attack on America was completely inevitable and predicted by many people who were laughed at then and ignored now.

Neutral Corner, Driftwood and maumann like this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FATUS "keeping the numbers low" will be sufficient proof of conspiracy to commit mass murder.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Actually, the quote in the story has him predicting between 100,000 and 200,000. If you're looking at this being 10 times more deadly than the common flu, the numbers jump to 400,000-700,000 very easily. Perhaps we'll flatten out the contagion curve, but there are still too many people -- particularly in top-level decision making positions (hello, DeSantis and Kemp, you morons) -- not taking this seriously enough.

The postscript of this (if I live through it) is going to be a primer on how not to react to a world-wide pandemic.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

As long as they're the right people, know what I mean?

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Some of these bastards need to be hung from a tall oak tree once this is over.

Or maybe bring back impalement, preferably on a short, thick stake.

Draft saved Draft deleted