1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've done those sort of swabs. You have to combine getting them in deep quickly in an effort to get what you need before the patient gags, coughs, turns their head, while at the same time understanding that it feelsto them like you are trying to shove it into their brain - while trying to be gentle about it. It can be very hard to get a good sample.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

BINGO

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Neutral Corner

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is what I see, and think people are doing: whatever they want, like it's, pretty much, just a vacation for most.

And it shouldn't matter if it's just a group of same-family members. They should still be staying 6 feet apart. Indeed, coronavirus has been shown to be a family-spread condition, so it might be even more important to follow rules among them.

7. Neutral Corner

The Chinese and the Russians with their coronavirus propaganda are making things worse.

8. Neutral Corner

You know those death percentages from Italy and Spain that we're basing projections on?

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

And you thought World War 2 was a hoot

10. Neutral Corner

I don't know if you saw the story about some lady at a grocery store who was spitting on the food. They had to throw away $35k worth of stuff, ans she landed in jail. That's the context for this.

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I don't think he'd consider it outing. Tim didn't post a whole lot, but he posted under his name, and was always an open, positive, interested contributor to the board. He also was free with professional advice and shop talk to anyone who ever wanted to converse via PMs.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Waiting to see the “Safer at Home” order DeSantis says he will sign for Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties, effective through mid-May. For fuck’s sake just put in a statewide order, call it what it is and make whatever the rules are clear. Euphemisms like safer at home won’t get people to understand it’s serious. And until there is sufficient testing statewide, comparing numbers across counties is meaningless. Although that didn’t stop me from comparing some south florida numbers. Dade has 1162 cases with only 3 deaths and 100 hospitalizations. PBC has only 423 cases but 8 deaths and 46 hospitalizations.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted