1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think a big part of it is to show -- hey fuckers, we mean business. You don't act right this is how long it's going to take. You put out there Easter as a shelter in place date and people are like, oh that's no big deal, just two weeks, so I can keep doing what I want. You tell someone two and a half months, it gets their attention

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe, but if you know you're not going to have staff there for a while, or cops either for that matter, it makes sense.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

One would hope. But, again, no one is following guidelines. Anywhere.

4. MileHigh

Johns Hopkins map shows 3,008 deaths in the U.S.

That's more than 9/11.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

With all due respect, MH, where I live ... it's a virtual ghost town. Hope you're doing well, man.

MileHigh likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Didn’t some NYC stores - like Louis Vuitton - do that last week?

7. MileHigh

It's certainly being followed by many here. I haven't ventured to downtown in a couple of days. I'm guessing it's a virtual ghost down, but can't say for certain. But at the nearby large park again today, lots of people out and about.

Several mountain counties have implemented that open lands are only for use for residents of those counties. In terms of enforcement, that's another question.

Be well.

Liut likes this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Here too.

Liut likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Don't know about gun shops, but our local pot shop is still open!

lakefront likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Lucky you. <sour look>

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It wasn't?
    [​IMG]

We don't know that the individual store managers didn't call employees. There is ALWAYS a company-wide email that goes along with these things. Seen enough from Craig Forman the past few years.

NO. IT. DIDN'T.

1. They were planning on staying open --- like most businesses--- until ordered to close.
    2. The wife supposedly got some "encouragement" from above that God would get them through it yada yada yada. The same script we always see when times are tough. Nothing was said about "telling them to stay open.'' That was just horseshit headline writing on top of horseshit stories.

Disturbs the fuck out of me that journalists don't see the bad journalism but instead act like outraged Facebookers.

12. MileHigh

Last week, the mayor of Denver said dispensaries and liquor stores were going to close, causing a mass panic and people lining up around buildings -- not six feet apart -- to stock up. That changed after 90 minutes. And, yes, gun stores open in the state.

Draft saved Draft deleted