1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

450 plus.

2. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

The day the blinders came off.

“Don’t give me the My Pillow guy, doing a song and dance up here on a Monday afternoon, when people are dying in Queens. ... Treat this like the crisis it is.”

Yes, this guy’s been irrelevant for some time, but he drank the Kool-Aid pretty much from day one.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

“God gave us grace on Nov. 8, 2016, to change the course we were on,” Lindell said, referring to the day Trump was elected. “God had been taken out of our schools and lives. A nation had turned its back on God.”

Jesus H. Fuck

There may be no more gullible simpleton on the planet than an (alleged) Evangelical who voted Pres. Trump into office.

Trump Hands Coronavirus Briefing To MyPillow Exec Who Tells Americans To Read Bible

lakefront and Slacker like this.
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

That rant brought out the bots and fucktard cultists we'll skin alive come November.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

A total loser and he promised that Mexico would pay for his app.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I honestly question the Christianity of any Christian who supports Trump.

Also think there's something phony about people who were particularly pious back in the day (see Ted Nugent, Charlie Daniels, Curt Schilling, Fred Smerlas, the My Pillow Guy most of my high school graduating class) acting like they suddenly give a shit about God and Country.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That's at least twice in these things that speakers have turned the podium into a pulpit by telling us that we should practice a particular religion. Or at best a choice of two. Pence scolded Americans for looking too much at the internet and not being on our knees enough.
    Not. Your. Job.

I'll make a deal with these pricks now: I'll take my hands off the guns you have already purchased. In return, you take your hands off women's bodies and your rhetoric off my choice of religion. And I'll throw in a fourth-rounder.

Slacker likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The alleged nexus of God and Country is also problematic.
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion ...."

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Prayer isn't getting us through this. Patience and science might.

Webster likes this.
  10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure everyone who doesn't give a shit about what they're saying on Fox News found Christine Ford credible.
    The only reason there's a consensus that she wasn't was because Fox News has way too much influence in this society.

On the other hand Thread by @FliedGaff: A thread: The woman who is saying that Biden raped her was tweeting positive things about Biden on her (older and no longe used) twitter acc….

I have talked to many Bernie cultists who seem to think Bernie "has no baggage."

Except for that 2 1/2-foot thick folder of opposition research that the GOP has and hasn't even begun to use.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, there will be plenty of prayer. The most sincere prayers in the world are variants on "Oh God, please, get us out of this mess."

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Depending solely on that - are you listening, Mike Pence - we don't have a prayer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.