1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Based on the time stamp, I'm going to guess that would have gotten traction by now if it were real.
    I don't know how you can do this in such short order. There will be riots in grocery stores.
    If you're going to do it, wouldn't you have to implement over four days -- divided by last initial, for example -- to ensure everybody had a fair shake at getting the necessities of survival?

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The kind of reporting I hope I never have to do

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

The panic this would cause. It would be unfathomable. Also, just hours ago the president said he wasn't even going to issue a national stay at home order. Of course not like what he says is gospel or anything. But this is pretty unrealistic.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You can't f-ing win with these nutjobs. The type of people who love the castle doctrine - aka Stand Your Ground - now are demanding their right to go about and leave their homes.

Ammon Bundy, who led Malheur occupation, pledges to defend Idahoans’ rights under stay-home order

Can we start the rumor that right-wingers are now banned from hanging out in hospitals? ERs in particular? And if they do they MUST wear a mask?

The modern conservative's motto:

Tu es dux non est mecum - ("You're Not The Boss of Me"sounds a lot classier in Latin).

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Also, Homeland Security cannot mobilize the National Guard. That’s a state governor sort of thing, and the Stafford Act does not enable or allow the president to declare a national quarantine.

Did some more research. This meme has been floating around for three weeks. What Is the Stafford Act? Despite Text-Message Hoax, It's Not a Plan for National Quarantine

The Stafford Act was passed and signed into law in 1988. It created the current system by which the president can declare a disaster upon request by a state government due to natural disasters, and how FEMA reacts to those disasters. The president already activated the Stafford Act on March 13.

7. tapintoamerica

And he may be part of the reason Idaho's case count has gone from 310 to 673 in three days.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

What would Jesus do? Well, he'd convene a clinic to help the sick, but he'd only accept professional services at his clinic from people who believe the gays are burning in hell or that abortion is murder. He'd have the power to bring people together in healing -- both literal and figurative -- but he'd rather wail and gnash teeth about certain things he considers evil than actually maximize healing.

Group behind NYC's COVID-19 field hospital run by antigay evangelist

In a time of world crisis, is this really what Jesus would do? Not as I understand the general positions of the faith.

But this is what Franklin Graham, renowned Trumpist, is doing.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Because red state moron spring breakers aren't going to fuck themsel-- oh wait

Draft saved Draft deleted