1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'll put it here to find it later and admit I was very wrong (god, I hope...)

There will be no major sports events played in America until a vaccine is being widely distributed. S0, maybe MLB throws the first pitch on NBA does the first jump ball of record on the Fourth of July weekend, 2021.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If you look at that picture of Alabama, you see a light spot county in the northeast. That's Huntsville, which is NASA, Redstone Arsenal, and UAH. That county has one of the highest PhD. levels in the country. The spot in the middle is Jefferson County, Birmingham. In general both have enough groceries that you can get them from home within five miles. Both are also cities, which means that many workers live in outlying suburbs and drive to work. They're also home to the majority of the D's in the state, who are very likely far more compliant than the Magas.

Yes, rural areas imply greater distances, absolutely agree. OTOH, when you get away from the cities there's a very high percentage ignorance, whether it is general, educational, or politically motivated willful ignorance.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think you're right. If they try this fall they'll be forced to quit.

B'ham is hosting the World Games next. They were supposed to start in July, 2021. Event has already been pushed back until 7/2022.

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

And it extends the time for the rest of us. How will it work when the north starts recovering and we have some freedom to travel. How will the line/border be drawn between areas on the mend and areas on the rise?

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Isn't that partially attributable to the Olympics?

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Exactly.

If I survive my 5-boro Petri dish, I don't want corona boomeranging back at me a year or three later from Mason City or Big Sky or Coahoma County.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nobody loves the military more than Fox ... unless they die make Trump look bad.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Tennis courts. Why the F are public tennis courts shut down? That's the ultimate social distancing sport.

BTExpress likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted