1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It'll be fun. Feel free to jump in with a few well chosen barbs. I asked Gov. Maw Maw why she didn't go take a nap and turn it over to the Lt. Gov., who seems to care and has something of a plan. I bet they loved that one.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Of course,because the Olympics got moved back to 2021.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

No clue, actually. If there's a direct tie I'm not aware of it, but it's not like I follow the World Games. My only real connection with them is that they were scheduling in the new stadium, which was additional incentive to get the thing built before football kicks off in '21. At this point construction has not been appreciably slowed by C-19.

4. Neutral Corner

Yes and no. He knew when he sent that letter that it would cost him his command, and he made a principled decision. It is not known who leaked the letter, but it very well may have been the captain.

He fell on his sword for all the right reasons, and he's gained a lot of cred for it. He may get a screw job in the short term, but you can bet that the Navy ring-knockers will see to it that he finds a solid job eventually.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The songwriter laureate of the South weighs in ...

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oklahoma already moving summer classes to online only.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That means nothing. He'll be passed over for rear admiral in due time and be washed out at a cost of tens of thousands a year in retirement pay.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Or Biden can win and give him back his career.

garrow likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Inky_Wretch and TigerVols like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He truly is an American treasure. One of those lyricists whose wit grows on you.
    I hope the South follows his lead and speaks out about what Trump has done to America.

Neutral Corner and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

I think that it's far too early to think that. There are a lot of rural perkerwoods who are in for a rude awakening in a couple three weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted