1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Second wave is hitting Singapore, one of the 'success stories'. All non-essential workplaces are closed starting Tuesday, all schools online only. Grocery stores are an absolute madhouse right now. The closest one to me had its doors shut when I got there and was only letting in people in batches. My reward for wading through that mass of humanity was making off with the last bag of frozen vegetables in the whole damn store.

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

In so many ways.

Neutral Corner and swingline like this.
  4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Forget class war, we're going to have hobby wars.

"Pickleball courts should not be closed. Four people on one court are socially distanced. How about those of us who like to go out by ourselves and practice serving? Yet the walking trails stay open. Go figure. Have you witnessed the groups of people walking together not 6 feet apart? And why is golf OK? Everyone handles the flag pole and what about ball wash machine? Whose disinfecting after every use?” asked Beverly Connolly.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Knox County figured we did so well electing a reality tv star president, they elected a pro wrestler mayor.
    Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs says Tennessee Gov. Lee's 'Stay at Home' order goes too far

“I applaud the governor for following through with his convictions and fulfilling his duty to protect the people of Tennessee according to his best judgement," Jacobs said in a Facebook Live video. "However, I cannot applaud any government monitoring the movements of its people and mandating virtually everything we are allowed to do.
    "I understand this is a crisis, but an economic crisis also looms."

[​IMG]

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, this is discouraging.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ill-fitting blue suit and a red tie. Where have I seen that before?

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Neither one of his suits is blue.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That's black? Jesus. Even worse.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Just to interject, he hasn't done any of the things he's promised.

Still waiting on those big box parking lot testing centers, for example. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e8ab06-703a-11ea-aa80-c2470c6b2034_story.html

If you're defending him online somewhere, log off and seek help.

Small comfort seeing our national opinion writers climb aboard my "he's gonna kill a lot of people" bandwagon.

Webster, OscarMadison and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted