1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

You can't cure stupid. But, a virus is a good start.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The only problem with that is that viruses are less discriminating than shotgun blasts and hand grenades. They're not just going to kill the morons.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Once you lose your life, you never get it back!

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I've seen this argument and have asked a few making it why we have habeas corpus today when Lincoln suspended it over 150 years ago.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I’m not surprised ... just disappointed.

6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Alice and I were timing events here in Massachusetts. I think the first week in March was when the Biogen superspreader event was first detected. We went to my nephew's 30th birthday party that Friday, the 6th. The next week public schools in our suburb were closed because naturally we had Biogen conference attendees with kids in the schools. In a suburb whose whole reason to exist is the schools, this was a de facto lockdown because parents had to stay home. But the next Friday, the 13th, we went out to dinner at a restaurant in another town. No lockdown, but not very many diners, all careful not to get too close to each other. The Southie St. Patrick's Day parade was canceled that day too, which made it clear the problem was serious. Stay at home advice plus closing of nonessential businesses took place either the next Monday or Tuesday, 16th or 17th. So it's been less than three weeks officially but three weeks unofficially of virus precautions. Still too early to see them working, and the catastrophes at nursing homes and elderly housing are real bad. I would say compliance with regulations has been close to universal so far as I can see. Of course, I live in an affluent town where staying away from others is easier than in, oh, a Brockton project.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I mean, its now been posted in this thread like five times? So, I guess we're pretty pissed off about it.

10. Neutral Corner

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I can't imagine why anyone would take a cruise in the next 2-3 years. Those monstrosities were giant, floating cities of germs before COVID-19, and no amount of deep cleaning or cruise line discounts will erase the memories of infected/non-infected people stranded on them for days and weeks during the pandemic.

It doesn't matter how many people they have making omelets at the breakfast buffet ...

sgreenwell and garrow like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This might make some folks wake up about what we need to do.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted