1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Does Twitter not allow the Carlin dirty words? I scrolled down the thread and there wasn't a one.

Although I suppose "senile doddering old bag" would have been a good non-scatalogical response.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In his case I’d be in favor of both a mask and a ball gag.

3. Starman

Stepin gotta Fetchit.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Godspeed Iowa

5. Starman

Yeah yeah, bitch. You gonna deliver lectures on communicable diseases?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Shrug. Where I live there have been Walmarts forever. Used to be a single box, then they got bigger. When Walmart added groceries, the stores that added a third box for the grocery area became known as Super Walmarts to distinguish them from the (increasingly rare) stores that didn't sell food. They sometimes include a tire and auto center on one end as well. There are also "Walmart Neighborhood Markets" which are essentially grocery stores straight up.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

Mostly she's still a little old lady and most of us were raised better than to dog cuss little old ladies. I think the various people tweeting were pretty direct with her without that. If she didn't get the point she wasn't reading the questions. Hell, I asked her when "she planned to go home and sleep and let the Lt Gov take over since he seems to care and has a plan".

Bless her black flabby little heart.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

I went to the Walmart Neighborhood Market this morning (Friday) when it opened at 7. They had shopping carts and police tape set up to keep people entering in line and they had tapes 6 feet apart on the sidewalk for crowd control. Maybe half the people, if that, had some sort of mask on. When I got to the cash register, a guy behind me started to push up to put his stuff on the belt after me. The checkout clerk, who I think is one of the front end supervisors, politely told the guy to get back 6 feet.

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I've always found some odd joy in the fact that Howard Jones is now a happy, chubby, old guy and he still sings that song.

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I was at Walgreens one day this week. When I approached the checkout, an employee directed me where to stand and when to advance. I was distancing anyway. I just found it funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted