1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hang in there, everyone.

We'll get through it.

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We've been using Microsoft Teams, and it's been pretty decent. Good conference call function. Could do video chat with it but we haven't yet. The conference calls work just fine for quick staff interaction. Good messaging feature.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Bless all of you teachers who are going through this. You know your work is important, you don't need people telling you that. It might be more important now as you bring a small bit of normalcy to kids whose lives have been turned upside down, who may be fearful.

Thank you, from the people who would have but have a lot on their plates right now and don't think to. Thank you so very much.

Driftwood, HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’ve had meetings on Skype, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts, Zoom and, I think, GoToMeeting. I’d like us - as a species - to settle on one.

Driftwood and PaperDoll like this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'll blow a fucking hobo for a canister of disinfecting wipes at this point.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Make it Google Hangouts then. That's the one I know how to use. There. Settled for all humanity. :)

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I found two containers (80 wipes each) because I got to the store as it opened last Saturday. I thought about taking a picture to show off. No such luck this morning.

Your post made me think I should have asked my wife for a reward. :)

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I mean, you wouldn't need the canister if you didn't blow that hobo, you heathen liberal.

Inky_Wretch, Cosmo and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Try screencastify to present with embedded YouTube videos.

Some students just want to hear their teacher say things are going to be OK.

For some kids it’s

1. God
    2. Teacher

3. Parents

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thinking this time must be difficult for some female teachers. They're having sex with their SOs instead of students [/poinfiles].

11. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Let me just say for the record that all the recorded calls we're getting pushing burial insurance are in really poor taste.

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted