1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

He is just evil. He needs to try it on his own disaster area of a body if he's so confident.

I go back and forth on posting this. A few days ago, I had a med called in and delivered. The tech mistyped the instructions. I was fine when I was asleep. The next day I was interacting with deceased pets and answering messages and emails with varying amounts of word salad. Lucky for me, my boss knows every person's pets' names and knew my dog died January of 2019. We got it sorted out.

The takeaway is, you don't blithely mess with the stuff you put in your body. All I got was embarrassed and silly. Someone else might not be so lucky.

And check your meds if you're going through new ways of getting them.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I like how, in the solutions section, it boils down to giving money to public health and listening to scientists...and that’s it. Not rethinking wet markets across the world. Not shifting manufacturing of supplies back to the US. Just money and unlimited trust.

I’m curious how multiple European nations fucked this up even more than the US, given all the sage thinkers in the old country.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

We went from 7,000 to 8,000 deaths in 20 and a half hours

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I think some of that was covered in the link to this:

https://www.ghsindex.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2019-Global-Health-Security-Index.pdf

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I think restricting trade in a global economy is going to be tough. And I'm not sure it does much good.

It's worth remembering the "Spanish" flu likely originated in Kansas and laid waste to the planet long before we had much of a global supply chain to coax it along.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

One million deaths will require at least 100 million cases. We're not hitting 100 million cases in three weeks.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Who says it's going to stop in three weeks?

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

More like 37 million cases, based on current percentages.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trump. And Dabo Swinney. And Fox News.
    In other words, nobody with a brain.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yeah we're still not increasing our cases by a factor of 100 or increasing the world's cases by 37 times just in the US in three weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted