1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I've been doing some cleaning and organizing while sheltering in place (stuck at home) and I found a pack of toilet paper in a closet that I'd bought to take to the beach and then forgotten about, so I feel like I struck gold. Though I already had a case I ordered before hell broke loose.

I also bought a shredder and have found shredding to be quite therapeutic.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Zoom
    Chrome
    Gmail
    Apple
    Done.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Live on the wild side and shred some toilet paper!

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Adaptation to Covid? I’m finding myself enjoying iRacing a whole damn lot - since it’s the only sport happening.

2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that girl is wearing a Wingate University t-shirt, a small private school just east of Charlotte.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The fifth major professional sport -- The Challenge -- is back on MTV every Tuesday. Just FYI. :p

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Is Beth from Real World LA still trying to make a career of these things?

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

City officials made a hiking trail one-way. I guess it wasn't wide enough to pass someone and still stay 6 feet apart.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No, but Johnny Bananas and CT are still going strong into their 40s.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

A bunch of the trails in the James River Park System are like that. Usually a mix of mountain bikers and hikers and people walking dogs. Even the friends I rode with today (socially distant!), who are huge mountain bikers, don't feel comfortable going unless it's like right at first light at 6:30 a.m. Even then it's dicey.

I'm basically limiting my exercise to road biking and walking in the city. There's enough berth to stay away from people in those instances. Honestly, going to the store is the only thing that's really worrying me at this point. People really aren't getting it there.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted